- Published: Thursday, 07 June 2018 10:45
The GTMC will launch a new award for innovation at its Overseas Conference in Ireland this month. Rewarding talent within the business travel industry, the GTMC’s Entrepreneurs In Business Travel Awards sees five innovative start-ups battle it out on stage at the conference which takes place from 10-12 June 2018.
This year’s conference, being held at the historic Powerscourt Hotel Resort & Spa in Wicklow, Ireland, is headlined ‘Mind the Gap’, with sessions addressing post-Brexit hot topics including the political landscape and the state of the economy, as well as the changing MICE market and more.
Filling a gap in the market, the new Entrepreneurs In Business Travel Awards will reward new talent in the business travel sector. The winning start-up targeting the TMC audience will benefit from access to the GTMC Partnership programme for 12 months. This offers the winner exposure to, and support from, the GTMC’s broad range of TMC Members and Industry Partners.
The five shortlisted start-ups are:
• TapTrip – a flight-booking app that uses your phone calendar to compare flight times that fit into your schedule and allows simple booking, with just one tap.
• CultureMee – providing practical cultural and travel advice, the app aims to connect travellers with the destination they are visiting.
• Asemblr – making planning meetings and events a breeze, offering the inspiration, advice and contacts in one online space.
• 15th Degree – formulated with advice from world class nutritionists and aviation experts, supplements to take pre, during and post travel, to experience no unnecessary fatigue.
• Railguard – a new app to automatically calculate and recoup any compensation owed due to delayed, cancelled or over crowded trains.
Adrian Parkes, chief executive, GTMC comments: “I am excited to launch the Entrepreneurs In Business Travel Awards at the 2018 GTMC Overseas Conference. There is an incredible level of innovation within the sector and we have developed the awards to recognise this talent. It’s important to the business travel industry that we nurture this talent which enables us to broaden the level of expertise and useful tools available to TMCs and expand on the opportunities for business travellers.”
This year’s GTMC Overseas Conference sees Willie Walsh, International Airlines Group chief executive, and Travelport’s executive vice president and chief commercial officer, Stephen Shurrock take the stage as keynote speakers. The exciting line-up of speakers also includes; Liz Emmott, the UK general manager at Amadeus; Nicola McGrane of Conference Partners International; Venues Directory’s Michael Begley; Niall Tracey, Meet In Ireland; and Alice Ferrari of Founders Factory.
The GTMC Overseas Conference sponsors confirmed to-date include Travelport, Avis Budget Group, Barclaycard, British Airways, Aer Lingus, Iberia, Amadeus, Carey, Meet in Ireland, and Conference and Incentive Travel.